Overlander adventures - coming soon!
This section of the website will focus on visiting and enjoying this great country for people with limited mobility. We will document every place we visit with pictures and videos and stories to give you an idea of what you too can achieve. Just because you can't walk, or can't walk much doesn't mean you can't enjoy the great outdoors!
I will be using my Overlander four wheel drive off-road wheelchair which is made by Terrain Hopper in the UK, to do my exploring and enjoying Australia. I will try to grade tracks according to a scale I have developed - see below. The Overlander is in the serious off-road four wheel drive category!
Track grading system:
- Level 1 - Suitable for manual wheelchairs, and small wheel indoor style electric mobility scooters.
- Level 2 - Suitable for medium wheel size more powerful electric mobility scooters.
- Level 3 - Suitable for dual purpose, all terrain electric mobility scooters.
- Level 4 - Suitable for serious off-road, four wheel drive mobility scooters.
- Level 5 - Suitable for serious off-road, four wheel drive mobility scooters in difficult, arduous conditions.
This track grading system and the pictures and comments made are of a general nature based on my own experience and do not reflect the abilities and equipment of other people. It is the responsibility of each person to make their own decisions with regard to their own safety and the suitability of their equipment. ThisisAustralia.com.au and OverlanderMobility.com.au assume no liability in regard to any actions taken with regard to any information on this website.
Copyright © ThisisAustralia.com.au
Need Labels? Why not visit our companion website EveryLabels.com.au