Land Rover Discovery 3 For Sale!
2007 HSE V8, 7 seats. Silver with a black leather interior.
Registered to December 2017. RWC supplied.
208 000 kms.
We have owned the car for 3 years and 87 000 kms.
Serviced by Hardy Automotive, a European car specialist in Geelong, all the time we owned the car, from 120 000 kms. All service records available.
All the HSE luxuries, plus:
- Alpine video player with fold down screen.
- Electric brake controller.
- Complete set of rubber mats, including in the load area. So the carpets are like new!
- Rhino roof racks.
GPS is so useful!
Captain's chairs, with armrests.. Motoring in style!
Work done to keep the car at its best:
- New brakes, including disks and pads, all round.
- Air suspension renewed, including rear struts/ air springs, and new updated compressor.
- Parking brake was replaced – see below.
- New 850 CCA battery 2016.
- Front lower control arm bushes.
- New alternator December 2016.
It's a big boot! Lots of storage. Note the durable rubber mat, a factory Land Rover extra.
This has been our family car since December 2013, and in that time has covered about 87 000 kms. We use it a lot and we love it! Aside from normal daily use we have travelled extensively. We have been:
- To Perth and back.
- To Newcastle and back.
- To Broken Hill and back.
- To Adelaide and back.
- Numerous trips around south western Victoria.
Most has been on sealed roads, but some has been on mild bush tracks.
When you lay the middle row of seats down the spaciousness is enormous! Two metres in length. You can make up a bed and sleep in it!
We have also used it to tow our caravan – a 16 ft Avan Cruiseliner – extensively. We towed it back from Newcastle where we bought the caravan, and since then have been to Broken Hill with it, and to numerous places around Victoria. There is only one word to describe the Discovery’s towing performance – effortless!
At Camperdown on the way to Port Fairy.
Note that we have fitted an electric brake controller because the van weighs about 1.3 tonnes all up.
We purchased this car as a repairable write-off in November 2013. The right rear suspension was badly damaged but the damage was very localised. We replaced:
- The entire right rear suspension, drive shaft and wheel.
- The complete parking brake assembly.
- Both front lower control arms.
- A broken rear window.
- A small amount of panel beating work.
The work was so well done that when it went through the VIV inspection it passed with no comments. The next day it went through the roadworthy inspection and passed with no comments. The next day we registered it!
A complete pictorial record of the work done, together with documentation for all the replacement parts used, is a requirement of the VIV inspection. This record goes with the car.
To sum up, this is a great family car. It is a great daily driver. And it is a superb towing vehicle. We love it and have used it every day for three years. But the family has changed, kids have grown up, and so our needs have changed. That is why we are selling our Disco!
$24 900 ono
Contact Willem on 0433 122 798 for more info.
On the way back from Broken Hill. It was a cold day, but we travelled in comfort.